Friday, October 22, 2010

Cholera Outbreak in Haiti

This is so intense. What a year for Haiti. They got started off with a devastating earthquake, had a couple of bad storms make their way right through there and are now finishing up with a cholera outbreak. And there's still a few months left to the year! Ugh.. It's so hard to know how to pray for the situation. The Lord is allowing all of this to happen in that country...maybe not causing it...but maybe so. I know...I said it. Why do we forget that the Lord has emotions...he gets angry with sin...He does take things personally...not saying that all of Haiti is in full blown sin and rebellion to God so He is causing His wrath on them...but it does kinda seem like that, doesn't it? I mean, He's deifnitly caused total destruction on places before, why wouldn't He do it now? He's the same God as always, right? And His ways are beyond our ways. He is God and we are man...I'm just learning to fear the Lord more and more and lean on Jesus. There's so much that I don't understand. Anyways...all I know to do at this point is to pray for the believers there...for grace to handle it and for my family thats in Haiti. They are directly involved in the relief work of these devastating times. As of tomorrow, 20+ drs will be based at our family's beach house which happens to be a central location to where the outbreaks are happening. hmm...I don't know what to think about that...makes me nervous but maybe the Lord is using it as a safe-haven and 'pocket of mercy?' Only time will tell, I guess. If you read this, please pray for the safety of our family. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment